Apr 24, 2009

Football Mania!!

Right, I'm not a fan of football but have witnessed the impact on people around me!

1. Facebook
Quizzes, comments, yeah, ppl r voicing out and I've no idea what they're talking abt!

2. Ronaldo
Only reason I know him is coz Losh talks about him ever so much. She even made a speech on stage ''LIVE" about her life in the future as Mrs. Ronaldo. She knows EVERYTHING about him, maybe even more than he knows himself *giggles*

3. Dreams
My cousin bro is so into football, he collects cards, etc. He plays football every week and just loves the game. Says that he wants to play in a national team. BIG dreams, indeed! When his mother wants to punish him, she would just stop him from playing that week and that is good enough!

4. Hobby
My uncle plays often. The other day, he said that he'd even created his signature move which he's still working on. More of a PASSION for the game, I believe.

5. Restaurants
Nowadays, they come equipped with a mini tv in so that people come flooding in just to watch the game... and order something while at it. You will never find people more unified when watching a game.... and unless you are used to people shouting at unexpected intervals, you may want to consider a different location.

6. Distraction
A major one it is. Once, we were driving past Tmn DR and I noticed people just pulling up at the side of the road to watch a game. Cars, bikes, bicycles, you name it, they STOPPED to watch!

7. Common game
What really amazes me is the sight I see every evening when we pass by fields. You will not fail to catch a group of boys battling it out, rain or shine. How come I only see boys do that? Never seen a group of girls meeting up to play netball. AMAZING!

8. Hook
I do mean both the role of Capt. Hook and the common fish hook. Football fans are hooked to the game that even if you shouted their name out loud on a speaker, they would not have moved an inch. You just can't grab their attention and that's why the name Capt. Hook for the game. It grabs them and never lets go.

So, football... what can I say? A group of guys running around one ball? Or something more? They fill up the newspapers every morning, radio programmes, blogs, magazines and straight into the HEARTS of people.

The work, perseverance, exhaustion, pressure... there is a lot of sweat and tears behind it. I may not be a part of this MANIA but, it was good enough to make me BLOG about it right? I gave it a thought. What an IMPACT!

No comments:

Post a Comment