Mar 12, 2009

My SPM results experience

This was my experience earlier today when I went to school to pick up my SPM results. (Actually, I had written this yesterday but the computer went crazy and I could not post it :)

I was as cool as a cucumber... 2 days ago. Yesterday, I went for my final 2 hours of driving class and couldn't pay attention - I was sub-consciously worried. Today, I tried to keep a cool head before going to school; definitely a lot calmer compared to the previous years, but little did I expect it to be the most shocking of all.

I marched into the school compound at 10am, armed with my family and their support, happy to see my friends. We were told that the results will only be out at 10.30am. So, we waited; a long, tormenting half an hour eased with small conversations. We also got to know that 3 students in our school had scored straight A1s.

When my teacher had taken her seat, indicating that the results were available, students crowded around the table, keeping a distance as well. I slowly moved to the front, but turned back; I was not ready.

After a while, we heard a scream of joy. It was Prasana, one of the school's top scorers who is also now a straight As student - 10 to be exact. Jasmine also got her results - no doubt that she was also in the list, proving herself time and again. The third one? We had our speculations. Much later, we got to know that it was Kavitha, an equally brilliant student. All three of them had scored 10A1s. Congrats, guys.

Next, I realised that it was time I went to collect mine. I sat down, heart beating faster than ever, as I waited for the teachers to pull out my slip. They started counting. It clicked to me that I could not have gotten straight As if they were counting. The small shock mellowed down fast. After that, I saw the teacher write on a list beside my name, 10 A1s, 1 A2.

Something was amiss. I voiced out my concern. I had taken 12 subjects. The second shock - I got 1 B3. I felt my whole world come to a halt; couldn't hear anything, mind was totally blank. I was feeling down. Coming out of it a little, I asked which subject was it. The teacher glanced at my slip and asked me if I really wanted to know. I didn't know what to say. My head was still spinning. Amma said that at that time, the teacher was talking to me, but honestly I can't remember.

Finally, I picked myself up and asked for the slip. I screened it carefully, eyeing for the B3. What a shock - BIOLOGY!!! Next, I looked for the A2. Shocked, yet again - MORAL!!! I laughed it out, but inside it was piercing me through and through. Amma said that I had an array of expressions before I returned to my normal self.

I stayed on in school to spend time with some of my friends right up to afternoon. Wow, what a day!

Summary:
A1s: Malay, English and 1119, Tamil, Tamil lit., Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Physics, English for Science and Technology (EST), Sejarah (History)
A2: Moral
B3: Biology

Just a note of appreciation: Thank you to amma and appa, my siblings, family and friends, school and tuition teachers, your support means so much to me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14/3/09 17:14

    Congratulations my dear...
    u did very well.. im very proud of u....
    so wats next?

    hope u take ur time n drcide well...
    feel free to email me if u need any help or advise k..

    hugz..
    God bles..

    ReplyDelete