Mar 30, 2009

Induction programme today!

Today, I woke up, not knowing what to expect when I would take my first step into college life. I reached there on time, filled in my name and took a seat. While waiting, I made friends with the girl next to me. She had completed her STPM and was going into a Diploma programme in the same college. There were around 30+ students in the room. I kept moving around in my seat because the air-cond was turned up high.

Then, the Principal, who is also my course leader, cheerfully spoke about stuff that we needed to know. Why didn't anyone notice that the air-cond was so high? Next, we were lectured on the payments and exams by others. Felt ...brrrr... really cold.

The fun part, we were taken on a mini-tour around the area. Our guide was speaking so softly, no one heard anything she said. We just looked like a herd of animals moving around in a narrow passageway. The good part, we were shown the Art Gallery, furnished with works of the Art and Design students.

After that, we were to meet our respective course leaders. Imagine the shock on my face when I got to know that only two of us were in the same course! Our course leader asked us if it was alright to be in such a small class. What were we to say? No, we want a bigger class or we're leaving? Anyway, I started to like the idea of being in a mini class. Full attention from the lecturers, right? Also, we were shown to our classroom which we could fully utilise. Meaning, we could use the class whenever we wanted! Wow!!! (Or at least that's what I think he meant)

The whole thing was quite fun although there were some minus points to it (which I'd rather not mention). The best part, I would say, is not having to go for a 7am-2pm week of classes anymore. We were advised to use that time wisely but it is still MY time. I could do whatever I wanted...hahhahahaha. No, just kidding, I'm not that bad. Or evil.

Really hope that everything turns out all right. Good lecturers, friends and a simple conscience that will keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment