Mar 7, 2009

Falling asleep in class?



Challenge #2: Sleepy in class

I used to , but not intentionally. When the interest level dropped a little, so did my eyelids. Sometimes, the effects of a late night kicked in. Other times, it was because of mental exhaustion!

So, what did I do to avoid little 'nap times' during class?

1. I had a friend beside me to tap me on the back whenever I could not hold my head up.

2. I would try to read my book instead of listening to the teacher talk (not storybooks, but the textbooks - that way, I don't have to feel so guilty).

3. You would also have caught me doodling in my book (which I would erase later - destroy all evidence! though I do keep some if they turn out very well).

4. Escaping to the toilets was not my thing so I would gulp down the water in my bottle real fast (and then run to the toilet because I really need to).

5. Talking to friends may help at times (but to escape being caught, I would pretend we were having a discussion and quickly ask the teacher a question - this way, it will look like we were the only ones paying attention!)

So, what did you do (or are still doing)? Do include some experiences. :)
*Check out this link. It tackles the question "Why can't I stay awake in class?."
*Personally, I would appreciate it if someone (including teachers) were to post some solid ideas or suggestions as to how this challenge can be managed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment