Jul 10, 2010

To Do or Not To Do?

One thing bothering me about the past one year is how "relaxed" I've been. I mean, I've always been diligent at my work, maybe I worked too hard. So, when I entered college for my pre-u, it was time to relax, or so I thought. I did put in the work, but not as much as I could have. Yeah, the transition period was like madness, going from Science to Arts, completely different subjects, except for Maths, and thus a different studying approach. I worked at it from the very beginning, to adapt quickly, create the interest for the subject and get myself into the game. Still, not all that satisfied. Could have done better.

Taking things positively, I did learn my lesson - work and play equally. Guess I slipped up a little. Not the way I would play the game, knowing that I played it right all this while. Now that I know 'how to slip up', I would definitely be more cautious next time.

There was a suggestion though. Redo the papers. Not all of them, just the ones I wasn't so confident with. Doesn't seem like a bad option, since the exams would be at the end of the year. I've got my basics, just need to sharpen those edges. However, I'd already be well on my way with my degree. So, what's the point?

Something to prove to myself. It's not just an entry requirement or a paper qualification, it's a self-achievement. When I see good results on a paper, it tells me I've done my very best, and I can move on. Not getting those grades, I feel, would in the long-term make me feel like there was that one thing I couldn't do. I could have done better, but I didn't - self-esteem issues, perhaps?

I know I can move on, taking it as a good lesson for the future. Still, what if I gave myself another chance? I don't want to tell myself one day, yeah I did that subject in A-Levels but if you ask me anything about it, I'm totally nil. Not the way I would want to look at myself. It's an education I'm getting, not just some grades on a paper. Therefore, to do or not to do? I'd better make up my mind fast 'cos time is running up.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/7/10 12:14

    My advice to you will be to resit for those papers. And why not? Because from where I'm sitting, it seems pretty clear that you really want to do it. I admire your studying ethics, by the way. =D

    ReplyDelete