Jan 28, 2011

straight from my drafts..

This is one of those posts that got stuck in my Drafts.. Thought I'll pull it out before I move on with other matters.. Edited version:

That week was all about celebrating. Apart from Christmas, my sister was done with SPM. So we had a back to back movie marathon - Appalam and Tron.

Appalam is probably the first Malaysian Tamil movie I've watched in the cinemas. I was holding on to my seat, hoping that they would not fail miserably and embarass us all.

Much to my surprise, it did not. In fact, the crowd was entertained all throughout the movie. I was. With those funny one-liners and some good acting, plus an already tried and tested formula on the storyline, not to forget the authencity of a Malaysian scenario flavoured the movie well. And Gana Pragasam's acting as the over-protective father definitely gave it the extra points.

I personally was not quite amused by the finale that was supposed to give an impact-the girl's performance in appreciation of her father's sacrifices.
Better work could have been done on that.

Moving on, we got an extra treat when my father decided to take us for Tron. I had not heard much of the movie so I did not really know what to expect. The graphics were ok.

My favourite scene would have to be the time when the lead character, Sam Flynn, arrives at The Grid and later on has to battle it out in a Life Cycle match... looooovveee those bikes and the way the whole match is executed.

Did not quite catch on with the story quick enough. It is a sequel so I guess watching the first movie would have helped. Well, we have the advantage of clicking our way to Wikipedia, so no complaints!

No comments:

Post a Comment