Jan 8, 2011

Reading Law

I've got barely a couple of months before my college hits the revision programme aka days filled with hours of lectures.

I'm here still trying to grasp everything thrown at me.

It's all exciting, believe me. The University of London has done an excellent job in preparing guides and everything possible under the sun to help us students benefit.. with the price of an expensive tuition fee of course..

We receive CDs which contain Study Packs (articles referred to in the Study Guides) plus a password that allows us to access the online databases of cases, journals, articles, etc. A student portal that keeps the students updated on the latest issues via newsletters, and allows for interaction with fellow students in the same boat in another part of the world.

Textbooks provided with a bulk of arguments in so many different levels, you will never look at an issue the same way again. Not to mention the huge amount of footnotes they have referred us to which I'd love to look at if I wasn't sitting for an exam at the end of it all. Time consuming.

So, what does a girl do? Be overwhelmed with the wealth of information around and just dive in or focus on the upcoming exams that she needs to get through with? And I'm not talking about a mere pass.

Strike a balance? Obviously. Target what you need to know, look it up, cap it at a certain limit 'cos if u keep going on and on, it's a whole Narnian world out there. Fascinating as it is, a target needs to be met.

To add on to it, there is a compulsory Research Question that needs to be completed. Maybe I'll just quench my thirst on this one hehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment