Feb 28, 2009

lifting a bad mood

I found this article in Yahoo! Health by Dr. Maoshing Ni under the section Dr. Mao's Secrets of Longevity. He is a Yahoo! Health Expert for Alternative Medicine and the article talks about 7 Ways to Lift a Bad Mood.

Some of the things I could relate to was point no. 3 - Hands-on Healing.
I didn't realise it until I read this article. I totally agree that you feel better when you get a hug or give one. Sometimes I would get up feeling irritable or moody and I go in search of a hug. Giving my parents a hug makes me feel all better.

On a different note, I realised that sometimes you can feel bored of visiting old people especially grandparents. All they want is some company and that is why my mother makes it a point to visit them frequently. Then, I developed this thought. What if this was the last time you were going to see them? Wouldn't it be relieving to know that you spent your time with them and gave them a good hug when leaving? From that day on, I'd always give them a hug and spend quality time with them when we are visiting.

Back again, I'd also agree with point 7. Smell the Joy, although I'm not referring to aromatherapy. The smell of good food...mmmm! Forget about the taste, food that smells great always makes my day!!!

Tip: Don't enter a bakery with an empty stomach...You may end up emptying your pockets!

As Dr. Mao would put it, May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment