May 31, 2009

unexpected

Things don't turn out the way we expect them to. Am so happy that it is true in many ways, not in all...

MOVIE DAY- I was frustrated about it in my earlier post. Guess what? THINGS DIDN'T TURN OUT THE WAY I EXPECTED THEM to be. One of them came early and we just sat in the living room, talking and reminiscing while waiting for my other friend. She did turn up eventually but I thought that it was a bit too LATE to start a MOVIE coz there wasn't enough time. We agreed and just sat down chit-chatting away...it was something I needed. To talk to familiar faces about familiar things....Have been lots of CHANGES lately that I didn't realise it was what I NEEDED!
QUALITY time spent together..won't FORGET it.

FAMILY- Haven't seen many of my cousins lately. Got the opportunity when we attended 3 weddings in 2 weeks! The first one, a MALAY wedding...it was AWESOME...something DIFFERENT..now I know why they call the bride n groom 'raja sehari' in Malay. They were TREATED like ROYALTY!
Then, another 2 weddings yesterday, at the same time. So, we attended one couple's wedding and another's DINNER RECEPTION. Loved it! After that, we cousins were taken out for a TREAT by our uncle. ENJOYED myself...exchanging stories and what not hehe

GROWING UP- This may be the TOUGHEST part. Realised how much all of us are growing and moving on in life when I met up with my cousins during those weddings. My lil cousin bros n my own bro aren't so LITTLE anymore. In fact, sis n I looked like the thangachis there. Our YOUNG uncles and aunts who I used to look up to whenever we needed some FUN, are also MOVING ON- getting married, having children...suddenly just HIT ME SMACK in the face. We are all moving in that DIRECTION, and it is pretty SCARY if u ask me. We're not so little anymore. How TIME FLIES!!!

So, GROWING UP- got to EMBRACE it and not fear it. CHERISH every MOMENT of the present. It is truly a GIFT. FAMILY, FRIENDS, they will be where u want them to be- in our HEARTS. Just got to know where to LOOK :)

Alright then, DUTY CALLS :D

No comments:

Post a Comment