Nov 23, 2009

Lunch hour

Here I am again promising myself another few minutes before it's back to work hehe :p

Today was pretty cool. Still laughing about lunch. See, there are 3 restaurants and a supermarket near my college. The first one is a Mamak shop (we were loyal customers) - we got tired of the food there and occasionally tried out another restaurant nearby. The food there was so-so. Then, a new Malay restaurant opened and we became instant loyal customers there hehe :) Food was more than reasonable and it was good.

Today, we walked up there and noticed that there were only leftovers. Squid and prawns aren't on the top of my list so had to ignore those two dishes. Plus, we mutually agreed on our taste for non-crowded areas. We walked out and slowly (painfully!) headed towards the other two restaurants. One of my friends initially had food poisoning after eating in one of the restaurants and had vowed never to return but today, he made an exception. So, I was unvoluntarily pushed towards that restaurant while my other two friends headed for the other one. We couldn't make up our minds!

Walking to the one I was 'pushed' into, we noticed that our all-time favourite dishes were gone! Gone, I tell you...poof! I looked outside. My other two friends were hesitantly walking into the other restaurant. In between us, a group of SPM students were lepaking after exams. Haven't I long passed that stage...argghhh!! The 4 of us were trying to decide where to go haha :D and our stomachs were pestering us to make up our minds!

The Mamak restaurant guy was persuading us to come in amidst our little discussion, pointing out the whole menu by heart, and asking us if we wanted anything in particular. They were determined to get us back! Finally, we made up our minds and walked to Giant instead. My friend and I tried something new - Nasi Ikan Kembung Bakar - quite tasty. My other friend, tired of the burnt waffles she kept getting, got them to add in more chocolate filling (yum!) and she didn't have to pay extra!

It's surprising how I almost always don't walk out of a place once I've entered and today, I walked out of 3! lol :) The sambal was really good by the way :9 Right then, work is pending. Shouldn't be procrastinating like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment