Nov 5, 2012

Are you sure, as sure as the day and night?

When something as certain as the day and night
becomes questionable,
how would you look at the world today?

All my life, I knew that night hit at 7pm and
the bright morning came knocking at about 7am.

When I arrived in the US,
it mind-boggled me that the sun shone into my room as early as 6am! How could this be?
I could not go back to sleep even if I wanted to.

Now, after getting used to the fluctuating temperatures too,
my understanding of day and night got shattered with
THE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!

As thrilled as I was to get an additional hour in my day,
it was rather surprising to see night at 4pm!
Back home, everyone was out around this time (or in, if it was too hot!).
Even right now, I feel like I've been up all night, but it's only 7pm!

Makes me wonder, when something you've known all your life to be certain
becomes uncertain in a different context, are you willing to see a different perspective?
Would you now question everything that you held to be true?
Will you be open to have your strongest ideologies questioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment