Oct 26, 2010

New beginnings....Again?

One thing I've come to realise when it comes to making resolutions is that they are a continuous process, not to be left to the beginning of the year only to be frowned upon at the end of it.
Every day is an opportunity to learn and grow.

It's been about 2 months now since I started my LL.B. At the beginning of it, I truly was excited after the long break. Then, I got even more excited with the whole new world I was being exposed to - The world of the legal profession. Not to mention, the amount of studying one needs to undertake. Yes, I was excited.

Then, it all started getting to me. I either was too stressed or too relaxed. I was aware of the workload and now, I feel a little left behind. There is always time to catch up since it's an 'early detection'.

That was not the only thing. I felt like part of me had been ripped off. Missing In Action, I would say. There was this thing inside me that had kept me going, and it was doing the disappearing act due to a string of events. So, I turned to the closest reflection I had - my siblings. Mental note: no need to search for a personal psychiatrist later on!

They each handled different aspects of my issues haha. And because I used to give them my honest opinion on many occasions, when we have "the talk" and all, they reflected my own values towards me as a sort of reminder of the person that I am.

Sparing most of the details, one issue of which my sister and I spoke about was me doing what I needed to do. At the end of my vague cry-out to her, she told me something I knew all along haha! It hit me then, I was trying to be something that I was not, and in the process, losing a certain character in me which I respected. She reminded me of what drove me to do the things I did. Her feedback and my thoughts rang a wake-up call inside me.

After a week long self-reflection process, and now some unexpected decisions I made which have altered the way I take actions, I am IN FOR A NEW BEGINNING! I am being tested against time. Then again, what better way to build character!

So, Again, A toast to New Beginnings!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nilla, I finally managed to come to your blog. It took me a long time to figure things out, say about 6 months and I don't mind telling I am still fumbling. Ha! Ha! Ha! Just as you start a new beginning, so have I and that is by starting a blog and getting all excited. Crazy right? Well, one has to have some crazy ventures to unload stress.Right? Keep up my dear. Every time you feel stress building up, just take up some crazy ventures that everyone frowns at and DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey periamma,
    thanks for dropping by and
    Congrats on learning your way around!!

    It does take time to get urself accustomed to things but once ur on it regularly u'll get the hang of it right? hahaha

    congrats on the blog too! i was so excited when i first saw it. Didn't know u had all those hobbies :)

    and thank you so much for that advice. made me smile knowing how true that is. thanks for pointing it out.

    Lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete