Jun 19, 2010

Grandpa...

I still remember sitting on grandpa's lap. He would feed us kuih lapis, lapis by lapis...and I'd love to say what colour each one of it is. He'll also buy his favourite kacang whenever he visited, peel them and give us some while popping a few into his mouth.

Today, I sat by his bed side. He fell back while sitting to have his ice cream. Sister and I helped him lie down and by then, he'd given up on the ice cream. I took the bowl and fed him, spoon by spoon. I took a few spoons myself.

His legs were shaking, the tremors were bad. Parkinson's, what a disease to have. Makes a strong, able man, so dependent on others, and the embarrassment when he falls, or suddenly stopping on the spot while walking.

Just happy that grandpa has his family by his side. The joy on his face when he sees his children and grandchildren...it always stimulates him to walk after a long day of just lying down on bed, grandma says. He's lucky, a dedicated nurse as his wife, a beautiful family that cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment